I hated painting Spidiculous. I really love the model. It’s so fun and wacky and insane, it just can’t help but look good on the table. But man I hated painting it. Should have done it in sub-assemblies instead of fighting all those legs all the time.
That said, instant reward getting to paint the 6 little Spidiculings rigth after. They’re just so super cute. Look at that big smile. Just wanna hug them, and squish them and call them…Will apparently.
Since Spidiculous doesn’t really have a ‘base’ where he touches the ground, there’s a nekkid dude reaching out model.I believe he’s supposed to be reaching for the ‘nekkid lady lure’. But I thought it would be more fun wrapping him in ‘spiderweb’, fighting his way out of it.
I believe this was the last of the 1.0 expansions that had Survivors as well. Not that I don’t have any survivors left to paint. Lots of pinups still. But done with the Expansion 1.0 ones…I think.
Paints used are Scale75 unless otherwise noted. I didn’t get all colours noted as I was painting. So this is not a complete list
- Purples: SS Camo Dark Shadow, Elandil Violet, Braineater Azure, Coven Purple (Army Painter), Matt White (Army Painter), Werewolf Brown, Fairy Blood
- Greens: SS Camo Dark Green, SS Medium Green, Panzer Yellow, Dunkelgelb Yellow, Savage Beige
- Skin: Basic Flesh, Birch, Wild Beast, Phoenix Egg
- Gold: Victorian Brass, Strong Tone (Army Painter)
- Metal: Dull Aluminium (Vallejo), Dark Tone (Army Painter)
- Bone: Birch, Soft Tone (Army Painter), Thar Brown
- Red: Blood Red, Strong Tone